Friday, December 8, 2023

We have a diagnosis

Today after months of being ill I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis.  I have been living a healthier lifestyle, exercising and losing weight since June of last year.  This August I became ill and the last 4 months have been a living nightmare.

I have been suffering from extreme swelling everywhere, unbearable body and joint pain, fatigue, stomach pain, migraines, brain fog, rashes, inability to walk long distances, and most recently it has affected my blood pressure which reached dangerous high levels and put me in the emergency room. 

Today I was prescribed methatrexate weekly and folic acid daily.  I will take the first dose tomorrow and I am not sure what worse the fear of starting this drug regimen or the fear of not starting this drug regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment