Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Goals

Happy New Year Everyone!   The last 3 months of 2012 I got off track and regained 13.6 pounds, I am not proud of this, but it isn't the end of my journey.  2013 presents a fresh new year with three hundred and sixty-five days full of possibilities. When you look at the clean slate it presents what do you see?  I see the opportunity to get back on track and continue the journey I started 14 months ago. I am starting the year 13.6 pounds lighter.  It is not a huge impressive number, but that is 13.6 pounds I will never see again. This year I am going to continue the journey of health, healing and change.  I'm feeling hopeful that my life is headed in the right direction.

My short term goals to complete by January 31, 2013 
  • Walk 30 minutes a day 5 times a week.
  • Drink 64-70 ounces of water a day.
  • Cut out all soda.
  • No eating after 8:00 pm.
  • Lose 6 pounds. (256.4 starting weight)

 My long term goals to complete by May 31, 2013 
  • Be able to wear the nursing scrubs they sell at Walmart. (Silly but personal)
  • Lose 30 pounds. (256.4 starting weight).
  • Walk 5K "Race for the Cure" on May 4, 2013.