Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Cloudy with a Good Chance of Pain

So there was a lot going on last night when I got home from work and my orthopedic appointment. I was tired (up since 4am), hot, and still processing 2 hours worth of information from two different orthopedic doctors.

I have a herniated disc pressing against my spinal cord and compressing the nerves going to my left shoulder and arm. I have to go see my PCP Friday for surgery clearance (blood work, EKG, and Chest X-Ray) and then the surgery will be scheduled immediately. The concern is the bone hitting the spinal cord. Lets just say coughing and sneezing is a new experience at this time.

The pain medication they gave me of course is making me nauseated, dizzy, and sleepy so needless to say I can't take it and work. After surgery healing time is predicted to be 8-12 weeks out of work and in a cervical collar. Bruce is in for a fun time playing nurse and caregiver.

So as I asked last night everyone please keep me in your prayers. I know this surgery is necessary but I am scared to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment