Tuesday, October 12, 2021

I was lucky, many are not

I opened my eyes to very bright lights and a vision of my late husband standing at my bedside with that cheesy grin on his face before he disappeared. I am confused about where I am and why I am lying naked on a bed with a white sheet over me totally alone. Am I dead? Is this an out-of-body experience? Why am I here? My next memory is being waken up by two nurses who want to perform a covid test on me.

I ask why I am here and I am told that I attempted to end my life last night. I explained that is not possible I have never, ever had suicidal thoughts or planned to end my life. I ask what I did and am told I swallowed a bottle of Ambien.  I ask to call my boyfriend and was told that I am not allowed to speak to him. At this time a police officer takes a seat outside my room. The nurses proceed to explain that I am being transferred to Virginia Baptist Psychiatric Unit under a TDO (*Temporary Detention Order) from the court.

The next memory I have is of two nurses bringing me scrubs to wear, getting dressed, being placed in the back of a patrol car, and drove two hours to Lynchburg to the Psychiatric Unit. Once there I am processed, eat my first meal of the day, given my medication, take a hot shower, get dressed in new scrubs, and call and talk to my daughter. I am still wiped out from the medication side effects and the stressful day so I go to bed and sleep.

*Temporary Detention Order (TDO) is granted by the magistrate due to evidence of a person being at risk of harm to themselves and/or others.  A hearing shall be held within 24-72 hours on the unit, though if your admission took place over the weekend or holiday, the hearing could take longer, but will be held as soon as the court reopens.

Feeling:  Overwhelmed ðŸ˜Ÿ and Confused ðŸ˜•

♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment