Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Prednisone Is An Evil Drug

Hello all! I have been in hiding trying to get well for some time now, and I am about ready to come out and join society again. I have been going through a very tough time with the high dosage of prednisone. As with all medications, there are risks developing side effects, and I have developed quite a few side effects from the prednisone.

I have been sweating in large amounts. When I say large amounts, I mean that I wake up with my body soaked from head to toe and my fingers and toes are pruned from the sweat. My hair is half soaked and the bed sheets are wet. During the day I have been taking at least 2 showers a day due to the amount of sweat that I have been dealing with.

The prednisone has caused my mouth to become extremely dry and I have no taste at all! I can not drink enough of anything to make my mouth feel normal. Soda, water, gatorade, nothing has taste or moisture. I have found my alter ego, and she’s a tornado, ripping apart anything and anyone that crosses her path. My alter ego visits at random times throughout the day and disappears as quickly as she appears. Sometimes I am mad and God help anyone around me. Sometimes I’m sad and do nothing but cry.

My boyfriend is the most loving, caring, understanding man on the face of this planet, and I have taken every ounce of frustration and pain out on him. He is still here kissing me on the forehead and telling me how much he loves me and that I will be well soon.

I have four more days and 5 more pills, God help me survive the rest of this week.