Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Questions Than Answers

I went to see the ENT (Doctor 3) that specializes in Menerie's Disease and BPPV to receive the ear injections that the last ENT (Doctor 2) said I needed to help ease my vertigo attacks.   I met and spoke for several minutes with the MD and after going over my symptoms and answering all the questions he had asked he informed me I did not have Menerie's Disease nor did I have BPPV, he asked if I would mind him running some test with his people because he does not know the accuracy of the test previously done.

He performed two test in his office and has set me up for an MRI and a videonystagmography next Friday.  He does not know what is wrong with me at this time but he assures me he will figure it out by process of elimination. He also asked me to discontinue taking meclizine because in some patient it causes severe dizziness instead of curing it. So come to find out that the medication that the first two MDs were giving me for my vertigo may have been the very thing that was keeping me sick for the past 6 months.

I feel comfortable with this ENT and he seems competent so I am hoping we will have more answers than questions soon.