Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Dearest Steve

My Dearest Steve,

It’s almost been a week since you left me. I know you didn’t give up the fight, your body gave up. Your passing was so sudden and traumatic. I wasn’t ready and it already seems like an eternity. I am not sure what to do next we had so many dreams and plans. We can never again be what we were. Our fairy tale is done, ended tragically and much too soon. My life will never be the same and I try every day to be strong, but it is so hard.

I know you would be mad at me if you thought I wasted the time I have left being unhappy or sad. I’m trying really hard to make sense out of a situation that makes no sense. Why find the love of your lifetime that you’ve always dreamed of, only to have it ripped away? I won’t be bitter but try to honor you my love with a life worth living. You showed me so much of life in our three short years together.

I will forever remember all the ways you made my life so special and safe. I feel afraid at night to be alone so I stay up late until I pass out from exhaustion. I hope one day I will be able to lie down and rest without fear of the unknown. My love, my protector, my rock, my everything I pray to God that you are at peace and at rest with your loved ones who left before. I pray you know how much I love you and will always love. You forever live in my heart and in my soul. Until we meet again, it is never goodbye, just later.