Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day 335

I'll never get used to me without you. Today marks 335 days since I saw your face, felt your touch, smelled your smell, and kissed your lips. To say that I miss you is understatement. You are missing from me. And yet somehow you are a part of me. You are in every breath I take. You are in every thought. Your soul has been intertwined with mine. Your existence forever a part of mine.

And though you aren’t here physically. I still see you. I see you in the shining sun. I see you in the colors of the rainbow painted across the sky. I see you in the leaves that fall to the ground. I see you in stars and the moon.

And although I can’t touch you, I still feel you. I feel your presence in the dark of the night. I feel your love when I am all alone. And oh how I feel your absence. I’ll never used to the absence of you. I’ll never get used to me without you.

Then there’s the love. The love I feel for you. Just as there’s no way to explain the pain of missing you, there’s no way to explain the joy of loving you. No collection or arrangement of words can accurately describe what we had together. It is a love that exists in every cell of my body. It is a love that continues to grow, I love you today and I’ll love you everyday until I am with you again.