Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lonely Miles

Absence makes the heart grow fonder or so they say. But lets face reality long distance relationships are very difficult. He came to visit for 10 wonderful life altering days, and the day to leave arrived way to quickly. I have never in my life, felt as alone as I did when he walked through that gate to board that airplane. A piece of me was taken away, a piece of me is missing. He is truly everything I ever wanted in a lover and a friend but our relationship is complicated at best. He has a daughter and obligations that he can't just walk away from and I respect him for that. I also have obligations that I can not walk away from. So for now, my life is in Nevada and his life is in Pennsylvania and between us is many many lonely empty miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment