Monday, December 21, 2009

Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?

Christmas is 4 days away, but to look around my house you would never know it. There is no tree, there are no decorations, there are no pretty packages with festive paper and curly ribbon bows.

Usually Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love decorating the tree, hanging lights on everything outside my home that does not move out of the way and sending out Christmas cards. I love seeing all the Christmas lights as I drive down the street.

But not this year. I do not feel like celebrating this year.

This has by all accounts been a very stressful year in my life. Lots of relationships ended, needed to end, had to end for me to find my sanity again. Other relationships took a step forward and in the right direction. My husband Bruce and I are now starting our lives alone away from the users and abusers. It has been hard, but we are taking it one day at a time. There are still daily struggles, but we have our faith and our love for each other to get us through.

Faith, Hope and Love... Now isn't that truly what Christmas spirit is?