Monday, December 14, 2009

Where do I begin?

Starting Weight: 263.5
Today's Weight : 271.5
Weight Gain :  ↑ 8.0

A lot has happened since I last blogged here with all you nice people. The most major change is that my husband and I have moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Tucson, Arizona. We had to get away from all the negativity that was in Las Vegas, from so-called friends to crazy family members. We have a wonderful family here and a great support network and people who really love and care about us and are not just looking to use us for their own selfish needs.

On the downside, the economy is no better here than it is anywhere else in the country. Neither of us has been able to find work and my husband just entered tier three of his unemployment which means we have 20 more weeks and then there is no more. I have been applying for every cook, cashier, operator, customer service job I can find and so far absolutely NOTHING.

I made a decision last week to return to school and pursue my degree in Health Information Technology. When I am done I hope to get a job working in a doctor's office environment.

Needless to say, all this is causing me a great deal of worry and stress. Nothing sends me toward food faster than stress, worry, and disappointment. So no surprise I have gained 8 pounds since my last weigh-in. So here I am again starting again on this journey with more determination than ever. I can do this, I was doing this, I just have to make the conscious decision that it is now time.