Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Illness and Uncertainty

Its been a rough 10 days or so for me. I have been sick, I have been tired, I have been made a human pin cushion and I have cried. I have actually cried a lot, about what it could be, might be, will be. So the day arrives and I get back all my blood test and everything they tested for is in the normal range. My cholesterol is down to 150 from 220, my glucose is down to 75 from 113, I have no infections, and everything else looks great! So I ask, why am I still sick? My friends are throwing around things like fibromyagia, lupus, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Of course along with all this illness and uncertainty has come stress. Stress equals EATING. I have gotten off track with my diet and have been getting no exercise due to lack of energy. Now when I say off track I am not eating everything in sight but I have been bad. I had home made taco salad last night and let me tell you it tasted heavenly! I am certain I did not go over my calories by very much if at all, but I was weak and I am ashamed of that.

I'm sorry but aren't you suppose to begin to feel better once you start losing weight?