Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crawling back onto the wagon

Starting Weight: 272.6
Today's Weight: 274.0
Weight Gain:  ↑ 1.4

I had a nice three-day weekend. It started Friday night at Buffalo Wild Wings with my husband Bruce. After dinner, we went to see Jeff Dunham perform at Caesar's Palace. His show was excellent as always. It was my husbands first time to see him live and my fourth time :) My only complaint is the seats were very UNCOMFORTABLE. They were definitely not fat-friendly. I was wedged in this seat for 2 hours and thought it was going to take the jaws of life to remove me. Come on Ceasar's Palace for the ticket prices you charge the least you could do is have comfortable seating!

Saturday we went to a buffet and did some gambling. I won for a change which was nice and I didn't actually do too bad at the buffet. The rest of my weekend consisted of housework and laundry.

Monday we took a picnic lunch and went to Valley of Fire National Park in Overton, Nevada. It was beautiful scenery and we spent about 5 hours hiking and taking photos. Of course, the picnic consisted of things I should not be eating, but since it was a holiday I gave in and ate it. I know I should not be eating this stuff but sometimes it is so hard to resist. I rationalized that with all the extra walking I would "work it off". "No apologies. No excuses." It is what it is. A mistake.

So this morning I woke up determined to get back on track. I am going to try the Special K protein shake for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner plan this week and see how I do. I also have a refrigerator full of apples, oranges, grapes, and salad makings.

So wish me luck for this new week of challenges, temptations, excuses, and failures.