Friday, March 4, 2011

One Step Forward

So here I sit at work on my lunch break eating my plain salad (no dressing) and drinking my water thinking of how much I would rather be at home. I am really starting to believe that my work environment is part of the reason I have been feeling so depressed lately. I spend 9 hours a day in a 10x10 room with gray walls and ugly brown carpet with no windows. There are 3 desks in this room that I share with my two other co-workers. My goal for the weekend is to purchase some things to place in my work area to make it a little more bright and cheery. I am going to get a bright happy artificial flower and some kind of brightly colored paper to tack over the bulletin board then hang some of the photographs that I have taken of my family. I think that will definitely help with the close, unfriendly quarters that I spend 40 hours a week in.

So today I am actually feeling somewhat better. It could be because it is Friday, it could be because TOM finally showed up, or it could be because foodwise I have had an awesome week. Now I have to start working on the exercise part of my weight loss journey. I do a lot of walking at work throughout the day which helps but it is not nearly enough. This being said I will now list my new short-term goals.

Short Term Goals

1. Walk 30 minutes a day  ~~Accomplished
2. Drink 64-70 ounces of water a day. ~~Accomplished
3. Cut out all soda (currently drinking 1-2 cans of diet Pepsi a day) ~~Accomplished
4. Be able to wear the nursing scrubs they sell at Walmart. (Silly but personal) ~~ Epic Fail
5. Walk 5K "Race for the Cure" on May 7, 2011. ~~ Epic Fail due to major illness