Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mid Week Update

Hello all! I have been a bad blogger this past week; so imagine my surprise when I came here and saw all your happy smiling faces. Welcome to my page hope to get to know each and everyone of you better.

Monday Bruce (my hubby) and I upped our walking route to 2 miles.  I really expected it to be horrible!  I decided to map out a route around our neighborhood because I knew if we stayed in the complex and just walked around the parking lot that I would find an excuse to stop when I got "tired".  My thinking was if we leave the complex and walk a mile away I have to walk back hence no excuse to stop.

We barely got started and my shoes started bothering me, I really think my feet are shrinking.  I have worn a size 9 for as long as I can remember but now they are rubbing on my heels when I am walking.  I stopped and retied them both very tight and we continued on our journey.   I really enjoyed the conversation and the scenery and we managed 2.11 miles in 45 minutes.  I believe I also conquered that mental block that had convinced me there was no way my 251 pound ass could walk 2 miles.

Tuesday evening we only managed to walk 1.40 miles because hubby was not  feeling that great and I was very tired from the first day back to work after a holiday.

Today started off bad when I got on the scale and had gained a pound and ended even worse when I was out for my evening walk and one of the neighbors dogs bit me.  I still managed to complete a 2.17 mile walk even though my hand was killing me; good thing is it didn't break the skin thank goodness.

My goal for the rest of the week is to stay in my calorie count each day, consume MORE water, walk at least 2 miles each evening and BREATHE!