Saturday, January 10, 2015

Bittersweet Final Gift

Those who knew Steve know that in the last three months of his life he had a major surgery and was hospitalized twice before the incident on December 24 that took his life. Steve was having a great deal of problems sleeping anytime not just at night.

Sometime in the early morning of Christmas Eve while he was not sleeping before he started coughing up blood I have found out that he went online and ordered me a gift from Bath and Body Works. I had no idea about this gift until I received a message sometime the end of December the beginning of January telling me my gift had been shipped. I also noticed he had sent it to my office address no doubt as a surprise to make me smile or brighten my day.

My gift arrived at work sometime this past week and I picked it up when I stopped in the office this past Friday. I finally got the strength to open the box today. It was a bittersweet moment. He knew me so well and he got me the exact scent I loved and apparently he had been listening all the times I told him you could only buy it during the Christmas Holiday and I never seemed to buy enough.

I love you Steve Murray, and I will treasure this last gift always.