Friday, February 29, 2008

What a Long Week

I am happy to report that Bruce is finally feeling better. He has been sick all week with the flu. His doctor has him on tons of medication and bed rest until Monday though just to make sure he is back at 100%.

It has been a very long week for me. I am working 12 nights in a row and I am currently on night 9, only 3 more to go. I am getting pretty worn down, but it will be worth it when I get my paycheck. The extra money is going to be put toward the purchase of my plane ticket to go to Pennsylvania in June and visit my beloved.

I am very excited to be going to see him this visit. I do hate flying due to my medical condition, but I plan on getting nonstop tickets both ways so I don’t have to go up and down and up and down. I think I can handle one time up and one time down each direction. We will soon find out anyhow.

I look forward to meeting his daughter Sierra and seeing where he lives and works. I am also looking forward to the trip to Niagra Falls that he is planning for us. I am sure he will have many more surprises in store for me when I arrive. I have never been further north than Virginia on the east coast so this is all new and exciting for me.