Monday, March 31, 2008

Things Continue To Just Get Better

Took mom to her new doctor Friday. He is a very nice gentleman, unlike the last jerk she was seeing. He looked at all my mothers mri records and medical records from her primary care doctor and said it is very obvious by my mother’s mri that her previous back fusion is crumbling and she must have a back fusion immediately or there is a chance she will not be able to walk. We have to schedule another test where they inject dye into her back to see where all the damage is and then we will be getting the surgery scheduled. This is going to be a 8-10 month process at best.

I am really stressing about this because I don’t like leaving mother alone while I work since she has already fell once, but I have to work since I am the only one bringing home an income. Her so called boyfriend is a jerk, and my sister is a jerk and neither offer any assistance in this. I have a couple of friends who have offered to lend me a hand while I am working and I have been making friends with a woman at work who has offered to give me a hand with my mother once she gets home from surgery.

Bruce is still my shoulder to cry on and my source of encouragement and support. I don’t know what I would do without him right now.

I am off to bed now and hopefully, I will wake up tomorrow and this will all be a very bad dream. . .