Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This is a rant. Continue at your own risk

I awoke this morning around 3am and had no cable or internet to my surprise since I knew I paid the bill last (02/23) Monday. So I get on the phone to call them and get the recording that "customer service will not be available until 7am". So you can mistakenly turn my cable off at 3am, but there is no one to turn it back on?? WTF!! Obviously someone is there or my cable and internet would not be OFF!!

Well 7am arrives and I call the cable company and am placed on hold for 10-15 minutes and finally this woman answers who sounds like someone pissed in her cornflakes this morning. This is not a good thing since I am already in a very foul mood. She pulls up my account and informs me my payment was returned for INSUFFICENT FUNDS, and now to get my service restored I have to pay last month and this months bill. This would be ok except for the fact that I know I have well over $100.00 more in my account than what has been paid out. I tell her this can't be possible there is money in my bank for this payment. She rudely informs me I need to take it up with my bank and hangs up in my face.

I go to the bank I do a balance check, yep just as I said there is plenty of money in my account. I call customer service back get a different lady who is alot nicer than the first one but she can't offer anymore information except my payment was returned for INSUFFICIENT FUNDS and that the department I need to speak with will be in at 8am to get further information. Fine I take the number and I steam a little longer waiting for 8am.

At 8am I call the number given to me by the second lady and get now my third person to talk to regarding this. I sound like a broken record "Hi my cable and internet has been disconnected, I paid my bill last week, I don't understand, there must be an error because there is money in my account..yada yada yada.." It is at this time I am informed that my payment was returned yesterday due to "Not a valid Account"! Ok this is alot different than insufficent funds in my book. The person who took my payment wrote a number down wrong and of course the payment was returned. Gave her the correct number, the payment has been posted (I checked) and all is right in my world again.

But don't you think it would have been nice for someone to call and tell me about this problem BEFORE they turned off my service????