Friday, August 3, 2012

Seeing Clearly

Today is my daughter's 25th birthday, where does the time go? It only seems like yesterday when she was tiny and small and needed me for everything. Now she has a little one of her own and is expecting another. I am feeling very old.

Steve went back to the eye doctor today to have the stitches removed and was placed on a very high dose of oral steroids and given steroid eye drops that he has to place in his eye every hour all weekend long. They are afraid his eye is not producing the pressure it needs to heal correctly and the steroids will help with that and also keep him from getting an infection during the healing process. 

He is feeling very ill tonight and I am feeling very helpless being here and unable to comfort or take care of him. At one point this evening I became very ill and nauseated and had to throw up and lay down momentarily. I think my body is feeling his pain and discomfort even from here.

Got the final bill (Cable) in my name today, things are moving forward.