Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's a Month

I miss him so much. A month ago (35 days to be exact) we were together. It's already been a month. It's only been a month. Some days I can't decide which sentence is more appropriate. I feel like he was just here. I can still feel his hands on my body, his lips brushing against mine, the scent of his cologne and see the love in his eyes. Then again I feel like it's been so long since I kissed him and held him and even longer until I can do it again (43 days to be exact).

Time is a strange thing. It moves in slow segments, seemingly dragging on. But overall, time moves far too quickly. We wish for time to move faster, but this is it. Our time here has an expiration date. Do we really want time to move quickly? But when something is just out of your reach and you're counting down the seconds until it's yours, you can't help but wish for time to speed up.

Some days you feel the sting of absence that comes with a long distance relationship more than usual. Some days you have to fight back tears when you say goodbye. Some days you feel so hopeless you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore. Some days are harder than others, but for every someday there's most days.

Most days you feel so happy you wonder what's keeping you from floating right up into the clouds. Most days you wonder how you could ever be so lucky as to find someone so wonderful. Most days you feel amazing thinking about the next time you'll be with them. Most days are happier than some days, and as difficult as it can be, I'll push through the some days to keep the happiness that comes with most days.