Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to Reality

Today is the last day of my 10-day vacation and tomorrow it is back to work and back to my normal life schedule.  I hope to be able to continue the work I have started while enjoying some most needed time off. Today was the 8th consecutive day that I walked a mile or more.   I am very proud of this accomplishment.  It is a major step forward for me.  The next step for me is to conquer my food addiction/food binge pattern.  I am hoping that getting back to a more regular schedule will help me achieve this because there will be less time to be bored with nothing better to do than eat.

In reflection last year was the most challenging, wonderful, amazing, transformative year of my life. It was all about growth, healing, and change. This year I am going to continue the growth, healing and changes by achieving the following goals.
  • I’m going to be the most, loving, supportive partner that I can be for my wonderful husband and best friend Bruce.
  • I’m going to surround myself with positive people. Toxic people have no place in my life and I will not let them in.
  • I'm going to do what makes me happy, not what others believe I should do.
  • I’m going to start buying healthier food.
  • I’m going to continue my new exercise regimen of walking 1 mile at least 5 times a week.
  • I’m going to get as close to my goal weight as possible in a safe and healthy way.
  • I'm going to conquer my soda addiction for good and start drinking at least 100 ounces of water a day.
  • I’m going to check into a medical assistance class.   I do not know if I will have the time or the money to pursue it at this time but you never know until you investigate the options.
  • I’m going to attempt to save $25.00 a paycheck.  
So moving forward I have a plan, now let see if I have the willpower!!  I am off to clean the kitchen, watch the bachelor and attempt to get my ass in bed at a decent hour since I have to be up and running at 6am tomorrow!  Back to reality, we go!!

BREAKFAST

SNACK

LUNCH
Salad
One tablespoon of dressing
Banana 

SNACK

DINNER
Bowl of Chili
A glass of 2% milk

WATER
100-120 ounces

EXERCISE
Completed a 1.14-mile walking activity. (Day 8) 

No comments:

Post a Comment