Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Time? No Excuse

When you want something bad enough, you make the time regardless of your other obligations. The truth is most people just don't want it bad enough. I want it BAD, I want it so bad that when I realized at 8:45pm that I had not walked tonight I got my ass out of bed, got dressed, and went and walked 2 miles in the fucking cold dark Nevada night.   I am tired, I am cold, I am mad, I am sad.  Today was a roller coaster of emotions and the hits just keep coming one after another.

I spent most of my morning on the phone with 3 different drug companies trying to get co-pay assistance for three medications that my husband MUST have.  When the first of the year rolled around my insurance company dropped them off their drug list so the price for the three started out at $800.00.  Then we sent the medication to the mail pharmacy that the insurance company REQUIRES we use and the price dropped to $305.00 which I still could not afford.  After spending 2 hours on the phone and making 6-7 phone calls I got all three medications dropped to $78.00 which is still expensive but it is doable.

I got to feel great about this accomplishment for about 3 seconds until my daughter called to let me know some terrible news (I can't share at this time) I am so angry and she is so confused and hurt.  I of course have to be 3000 miles away so I can't hold her or comfort her and it is breaking my heart.

So, I will keep repeating to myself... I'm totally fine. I'm totally fine. I'm totally fine.

BREAKFAST
McDonald's Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait - 160 Calories

SNACK
Orange and Hot Tea

LUNCH
Beef Barley Soup - 230 calories

SNACK

DINNER
Turkey Taco Salad and Iced Tea

WATER
90-100 ounces

EXERCISE
Completed a 2.03-mile walking activity. (Day 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment