Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I am worth it

Got off work today and hit the gym and worked out for an hour. I thought the last 10 minutes were going to kill me but guess what I made it. If you had told me a month ago I would be a member of a gym and actually going and enjoying it I would have told you that you were crazy! The last time I joined a gym I went about twice and then got frustrated and lost all interest. I believe the difference this time is that I have support from my husband Bruce and we go to the gym and encourage and support each other.

I received one of my books yesterday “100 Days of Weight Loss”. It is a book with 100 days of weight loss challenges and motivation. I will be posting the challenges here on a daily basis to help me stay on track and be accountable for my thoughts and actions.

Today's Challenge and Motivation

Make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt your weight loss success in the past.

1. Lack of Motivation.
2. Lack of Exercise.
3. Bad Food Choices.
4. Not Drinking Water.
5. No Support Network.
6. I will fail again so why try.
7. I can not live without my Pepsi.
8. Only skinny healthy people go to gyms.
9. I am afraid of the attention I will receive after losing weight.
10. It will be hard why bother?
11. As soon as I quit dieting I will gain it all back and some extra.

Then write new ending for them by completing this sentence: I used to _____________ (fill in old behavior), but now I ___________ (write new behavior).

1. I used to have no motivation or interest in doing the things needed to get healthy, but now I am learning that I can eat healthy, exercise, and make my life better.

2. I used to be to lazy to exercise but now I have discovered I love exercising and I have the motivation and dedication to do it.

3. I used to make very poor food choices because it was fast and easy, but now I have learned that eating healthy makes me feel better, is actually cheaper, and is very
fulfilling.

4. I used to never drink water I didn't like the taste, but now I love water and actually prefer drinking it over soda.

5. I used to have no support network, but now I have a wonderful, loving husband and very supportive friends who encourage and help me stay on my path to health.

6. I used to be afraid to try because I was positive I would fail, but now I am positive that I will not fail.

7. I used to drink a 12 pack of Pepsi a day, but now I have discovered that my body needs water and I actually enjoy it more than soda.

8. I used to believe that if I went to the gym people would stare, point, and laugh at me, but now I love going to the gym and have discovered that most people are there for the same reason to get or to stay healthy.

9. I used to be afraid of the attention I would receive after weight loss because I use my weight as a shield, but now I have the courage to move forward and the support of a wonderful partner.

10. I used to believe getting healthy would be the hardest thing I would ever do, but now I know it is the hardest thing I have ever done. I also know that it is also the most important thing I will ever do for myself.

11. I used to believe that as soon as I stopped watching my diet I would gain all the weight back I had lost and then some, but now I know I will have the knowledge and the support to maintain a normal and healthy lifestyle. I am worth it!!!!