Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Step at a Time

I realize that this journey I have started is not about being on a diet, it is about learning to live a healthier lifestyle. Its about me. I did this to myself, I am the only one who can fix it. There is no quick fix, no one else can do it for me. I have to do it for ME! Failure is not an option this time!

Some days are harder than others but we are all human right? Today was HARD I am not going to candy coat it (Oooooo candy...no wait bad bad bad) I went to the gym with my husband and I worked out for an HOUR! I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes on the thread mill. I actually DID it, I sweat, I almost cried, I felt like I was going to puke and pass out BUT I kept going and I made it. I thought the people at the front desk were going to call a ambulance when I flopped in the chair by the front door to wait on my husband to get out of the locker room. Now really am I the only FAT chick who works out here? I am sure you have seen other people crawl to their car.

I made it to the car and then we had to make a stop at the grocery store. Grocery shopping is a nightmare still! They place all this very unhealthy, addictive, cheap, stuff right inside the front door! Great I have to look at potato chips and cookies just what I want to see. One cookie my whole last hour is thrown out the window! I make it past the "on sale evil goodies" and this employee greets us with raffle tickets. Its customer appreciation day and if we call your number you win a prize. Ok whatever I want to get my ground turkey and squash and get the heck home and in the shower.

I got my squash, some zuchini, some fresh corn on the cob and my ground turkey. All the sudden over the loud speaker they call out some numbers. Woooo Hoooo my husband won something! He goes to the front, spins a wheel and is presented a coupon for.....YOU WILL NEVER GUESS!!!

A FREE PIE! Dayum!! Come on!!! Really??? A PIE?? (shaking head)...

We came home, we got showers and my wonderful husband cleaned the kitchen. After I recovered from my excursion to the gym we started dinner. He grilled chicken and I cooked the squash and corn on the cob. Dinner was wonderful and very filling. As I was taking my plate to the kitchen the evil pie was sitting on the counter calling me. I could just go over there and get some pie and say I'll do better tomorrow. But I made the choice not to.

I'm making progress. I'm exercising. I'm making healthy decisions. I'm continuing on my journey to find me. I'm doing it one step at a time.